Protocols below are for use with Pasco probes. Click here
for protocols to use the Vernier pH probe.
|PasPort pH sensor
|PasPort pH probe
|2 Standarnd solutions with known pH values
Steps for calibrating pH sensor:
1. Connect the pH probe to the pH sensor by screwing it in.
2. Connect the pH sensor to the Pasport Xplorer device.
3. Connect the PasPort Xplorer device to the computer with the USB cable.
4. Open the DataStudio software and select “Launch DataStudio.”
(or "Create an Experiment")
5. Click on the “Setup” button located near the top of the
6. Click on the “Calibrate” button in the setup window.
7. Place the pH sensor probe into the first known standard solution.
8. Enter the known pH of the first standard solution for “Point
1” and click the “Set” button when the pH reading
stabilizes. (Note: The known pH value and the pH reading value need
not be the same.)
9. Removed the pH sensor probe from the first standard solution and
rinse with distilled water.
10. Repeat steps 7 – 9 with the second known standard solution,
entering this known pH value for “Point 2.”
11. Remember to return the pH probe back to the Electrode Storage Bottle.
12. Press the "Ok" button and the sensor should be calibrated.