Protocols below are for use with Pasco probes. Click here
for protocols to use the Vernier turbidity probe.
Note: It is only necessary to calibrate the turbidity
sensor when you are measuring solutions with varying temperatures
(more than 1 °C difference between solutions, or when using different cuvettes.
|2 cuvettes (provided by Pasco)
|Known turbidity standard solution (100 NTU)
Steps for calibrating the turbidimeter:
1. Connect the turbidity sensor to the Pasport Xplorer device.
2. Connect the PasPort Xplorer device to the computer with the USB cable.
3. Fill a cuvette with distilled water. Then fill another cuvette with
the known trubidity standard solution (100 NTU). (This cuvette may be
provided for you already).
4. Insert this cuvette into the cuvette holder in the turbidimeter and
close the lid tightly, so that light cannot enter the casing.
5. Press the green "Calibration" button on the sensor and wait for the
light to turn on.
6. When the button light blinks, replace the cuvette with the cuvette
filled with the known turbidity standard solution (100 NTU), close the
lid, and press the green button again.
7. When the calibration is complete, the button light will turn off.
8. To verify, click the "Start" button in DataStudio. The turbidity
reading should approximate 100 NTU (+/-1 NTU).